FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles earned from January to March counted as M&M Status Miles
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:43 am
airoli

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by mbr
On 1.4.06 they will transfer our STC Miles to M&M. I understand at this poînt all miles are transferred as Bonus Miles. Does that means that STC miles earned from January to March 06 are not counted as Status Miles. Does that means that, in order to ensure to requalify for the SEN status, one shall book all flights in 2006 to the M&M card already?
If you held status with STC on 31.12.05, you will maintain the M&M equivalent of that status until 02/2008, regardless of the miles flown in 2006. To keep status beyond that, it is enough to requalify in 2007 (calendar year). If you really want to requalify in 2006 already, you indeed have to use your M&M card already now, and even on LX flights, for all STC miles will be transferred as bonuses.

Personally, I will probably not earn more than 10k status miles in 2006 and save my money for 2007...
Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
Starting to collect miles on 1st of April makes it for many of us almost impossible to renew the Senator status this year.
True, but then again we don't have to. One could consider it generous that our STC status is extended for 2 years (and rumor has it that LH will throw in the e-upgrades as well). Personally, I'd still appreciate a "reward" for those of us that fulfilled the STC requalification criteria in 2005 despite not having had to.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
If I transfer into my existing Senator account when TC ends, will that reactivate it until 2009? ... or is it more sensible to let the LX transfer open a new Senator account for me?
Not 2009, but 02/2008, yes. I don't think that you are allowed two M&M accounts for the same person, so they'd eventually be merged anyway.