FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The French Connection: A rational discussion on CDG
Old Jan 4, 2006, 9:29 pm
psalflyer

Programs: UA-1K AA-Ex Plat BA-Silver SPG-Life Plat
First, I want to add my thanks to the OP for a thoughfull (and obviously thought out) post. I have been mystified as well by the vitriol concerning CDG. Lets face it: we all travel a lot and all have our share of horror stories. No airport is perfect at all times (some less so than others). That said, I have never had more than average problems at CDG and it is, in fact, my transfer hub of choice in Europe. I can't get to LHR on CO from Houston, LGW has really a dearth of connections at convenient times and AMS never seems to have a convenient connection for me. Those are the only non-stop European hubs reachable from Houston and I, at all costs, avoid going to EWR. I have, in fact, had more problems at EWR than anywhere else in the world!

As for the other "myths" cited by the OP, every country and every culture has its idiosyncracies. We would have a lot less war and strife if we would try to see and tolerate (if not accept) the differences. Many foreigners have their share of negative opinions about Americans, some true but many not. The world is a multifacted, multicultural place and we would all do well to remember that it is these differences that make travel interesting. As the French would say - Vive La Difference!