FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award room equals "the worst room"?
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2006, 9:26 pm
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by westcoastman
Award room always seems to show lowest room and I am not sure why someone would get a better room using an award if they are not an elite member unless the thinking is that it is coming from Gold Passport and the guest has had to earn the free night. Diamonds in the U.S. seem to be treated consistently well. I would expect nothing for the Grand Hyatt HK.

One thing that really ticks me off is when I am using 15K or a Plus award of 24K points as a Diamond and I am treated as if I am using a faster free night (on occasion). The fronk desk is so use to seeing the FFN that they do not see the difference. It was super hard to earn those points, probably have the equivalent value of several hundred dollars.
I am really not sure what you mean by being treated differently when on points and on FFN and how the treatment would be different depending on which you were using.

I have received the same treatment regardless of the award. In fact, there is seldome any mention of the fact that I am on an award. I have stayed at many a hyatt on FFNs and points, and with the exception of 3 hotels, I have always recieved excellent treatment and upgrades. The PH Tokyo, GH Tokyo, PH Paris. At the Grand Hyatt HK, I have always been upgraded to a club room however sometimes with two beds rather than a King.