FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Scandic: Sweden - Denmark - Norway
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:20 pm
ausflygrl

Programs: CO Plat, AA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Pref Sel
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Most hotels, including the Scandics, offer attractive discounts in Summer and it may work out that paying cash for some of the hotels (typically approx $75 to $90 for the less popular hotels) could be a better deal than using the 10000 point award. I suggest that you sign up for the Scandic promotional material on the Scandic site.

I also suggest that you IMMEDIATELY make reward reservations at the key downtown hotels (Scandic Continental in Stockholm; Scandic Byportan in Oslo).

Also consider some train travel in Norway. The views are spectacular and the price (if you make advance reservations directly) is very reasonable.

Thanks for the advice. In order to get an idea of the prices, I did a search on the Scandic website and tried a few dates in May and June for the Bergen City Scandic and they didn't show any availability for the dates I tried. Hope that doesn't mean they are Already booked!

I think we will try to work in the train from Bergen to Oslo - it sounds spectacular.

We also want to spend some time in and around Kristiansund where our relatives are from. I'm not exactly sure how we are going to get up there.

I think we will have a great trip once we get the logistics worked out!