FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New "improvements" of M&M 1 April 2006
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:41 am
dia15222

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
IMHO these changes make a lot of sense and will stop the deflation of FTL and SEN Status over the last 10 years. It will prevent that SEN lounges are overcrowded with people who earned their status with MRs in cheapo Y........

I remember when I first became SEN in the mid 90s you had to do 300 segments in domestic Y (with 500 miles per segment and no segment count) to become SEN. SEN status was mainly for people flying intercontinental in paid C and F...... At that time the number of SENs was significantely lower and you could expect great service....

I am glad to see that the new rules will help to reduce the number of SENs again and hopefully the service for SENs will increase again

Cheers, Stefan.
Dear Stefan.

I think that may be a dream!
This wont happen! What they took form you the wont give you back!
The Segment Count was introduced very early. And the Miles needed to become SEN were much lower in the beginning. And there were the floating Membership years! So it was not so hard as you may descirbed it!
And before the Milege-Based Status you were appointed by some LH Staff.
My father got his FTL Card without any Mile, just because he was a good customer!
And if you compare the prices form that time, the Full-Fares have dramatically increased. I recently found a Pricelist for Domestic LH Travel form the early nineties. The prices are nearly the same as today but at that Time they were in DM (so about just the half of now!). Traveling mostly in C and Flexible Tickets I do not get something from the cheap tickets besides one or two leisure trips. These are now even more unatrractive than before.
If you compare prices: On a domestic C-Ticket (Price 550 Euro) you will get
3000 Miles + Exec-Bonus. Buy a cheap Intercontinental Ticket and you will get much more for less. I dont mind 125 Miles of very cheap tickets (till now you got at least a Segment!). What I mind is that they take from people paying full-fare!
Just look in the Lounges. Many People are *G with other Programs.
If you think that there are too many SEN, try to get HON! This may be the right Product for you!
BTW I will requalify this year with my travel plans.