FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New "improvements" of M&M 1 April 2006
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 05, 1:54 am
flysurfer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Hamburger
The question is: With my flying pattern (mostly inner german and some european discounted Eco tickets, T, L, W, ...) is there any program that will enable me to gain status in the future.

If there is no such alternative, that would mean to be even more strict on using the cheapest possible flight (being based in HAM there are many alternatives in LCCs) and get lounge access with Diners Club.
Unfortunately, I'm not aware of such a program. UA MP only works well with domestic flights in the USA.

Unlike MP, M&M appears to focus on rewarding high-yield pax. You are saying that you were price-hunting in the past (and even more so in the future, can't blame you for that, of course!), so I guess LH deliberately wants to make customers like you to either pay-up in the future or become a price-hunting general member without any perks. But at least you will be free.

Of course, one single intercontinental *A vacation roundtrip in Z class (taken every 2 years, cost: about 2,000 EUR) will easily push you over the FTL limit in that year, even if you keep price-hunting on your professional travel pattern. So it's really up to you.

Last edited by flysurfer; Dec 30, 05 at 1:58 am