FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF or CX?
Thread: QF or CX?
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:35 am
Traveloguy

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Antiqantas
Actually, I believe that QF has the best J-class seat in the sky right now. As I said recently on another thread, if the Skybed doesn't go absolutely flat, then I'm unable to discern any difference between that and whatever angle it does assume. I wonder, however, whether you are actually extending it to its limit. At one stage I had the same impression as you but I found that for some reason I wasn't fully extending it, and either by pressing the button again or by pressing some other button (I can't picture the controls too clearly at this moment), I experienced somniferous bliss.

Your comment about not going flat enough I would actually apply to the CX seat. Although I consider CX to be the best airline in the world (mainly for their service, food quality, on-demand entertainment, and general demeanor), their seat does not compete with the Skybed (in my opinion). I'm really surprised that QF cabin crew have made the comment that you attribute to them.
I agree with your comments completely. In fact I think Skybed is better than QF First. Also for anyone over 6ft, whilst the BA cabin configs are great, the bed is just too short. Also QF service beats BA hands down although as posters above comment, CX usually will win any day. Having said that, I have done enough flights in CX J to say that when they have a bad day, it is very bad!