FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TA dwngrds its NUTS; CE srvce levels at all time low;lots of sch chgs = MORE MILE 4U
Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:39 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickB
Flew Taca (well LACSA to be precise) JFK-SJO-UIO a couple of days ago. Admittedly no great shakes, but not the awful picture painted by some recently. Offered pre-departure drinks and coats/jackets were collected. Crew was very friendly. Blankets and pillows were also distributed. The bagel-based breakfast on JFK-SJO was pretty dire but the beef sandwich (alterantive was a chicken one) was pretty tasty. And espresso still available too. Foodwise, what you get in business seems to be the same that they sell in coach.
I was expecting the worst in the light of various recent comments but it was not too bad. Clearly, they won't win awards, but they are more or less OK, at least on that route.
Whoa , I flew that flight 4 times always on Sundays, and after reading your post Im wondering which Airline I was flying on, since it was Never as good as you described it even once.

Pillows??!!! I havent seen pillows on TA or LR whatsoever! also Except for 1 trip NO Blankets either for anyone! Twice did they offer to hang up my jacket thats out of 12 flights. The closets are usually full with all the Crews items, so there was no room for the passengers things, no kidding.

I did those flights within the last 6 weeks to boot. Including 12/11 where I was Uped to Biz by an agent who always checked me in and didnt want me to sit in coach when there were seats empty in Biz, so I ended up in BIZ all the way thru GYE.

Are you sure you were on LR????? And not CO