FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The New SAS
Thread: The New SAS
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:02 pm
miikka

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by LukasNied
In my opinion SK C-class service is better than LH (with exception of PrivatAir operated) or UA.

SK should improve seats - and do ntyo kid with these semi-fully flat b.s. - weither it is flat and horizontal or nothing - and improve on the ground with better lounge product althought in EWR it is not as bad as LH ...

I do not knwo what you people see in LH or UA ???
UA: friendlier service - they actually care about Star Alliance Gold members, I have never seen such a service by SAS, EBG is nothing in SAS but with UA it really rocks!

Example: I have asked SAS to assign me a nice seat in a plane (not an upgrade request, just better seat etc.) and they usually take my request but also make a feeling that they are making me a favour. UA just immidiately tells me that because I am a valued Star Alliance Gold member, I will be of course assigned a better seat and in fact UA proactively looks for Gold members and assigns them in to Economy Plus because SAS assigns them always ordinary Economy seats (SAS would be able to assign Economy Plus seating in UA if they would like to but they don't if you don't especially request and then they usually do not know what is Economy Plus).

Another example: Op-up; SAS usually just hands me the new boarding pass. UA tells me how they appreciate my business and values that I am Star Alliance Gold member and wishes that I enjoy my new seat.

Yeah, I am picking very small things but I am bored in SAS metal and there is nothing, which would make me feel good at the moment. I hate that there is no smile and no service and it feels like travelling on a bus. Only way to get a smile or decent service is to by SK C-class always and then you know that there is better C-class products available, which offer even more service.

I think SAS should definitely upgrade their C class (seats first, then something else). Then they should upgrade their service regarding Gold members. And then raise their C class ticket prices to compensate all the above. I think they are still the cheapest C class available at the moment but they could go to the level where everyone else are and use the difference in fare to upgrade the experience.

I am after the experience, I want to feel something special when I am travelling, especially if I am travelling in C.