FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: difference between stop over and open jaw
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:30 pm
lkohawaii

Smile

Originally Posted by WindFlyer
You could certainly do that, and Ted it (RAR!) SFO-LAS-LAX, although that will typically run you more money than a straight LAX-LAS r/t.

Also, if you're not a 1K, it'll cost you more money to book the HNL-SFO/LAX-HNL open jaw, as you won't be able to do it online and will have to speak with a human (kching!)
Thanks everybody....I'm not a 1 K member...just a little fish in the big pond. I was planning on paying to speak to a person no matter what because we have 6 in our party and know we will have to split up.

Whoever told me to drive 4 hours...that's a bit far when you live on a sunny island that you can drive around the whole thing in 2 . I'll look into all these wonderful ideas you've given me...and watch once I figure it out I can't get a seat when March comes.

O.K. so now I've got to figure out if it's more economical for me to do the open jaw
HNL SFO
SFO HNL and buy a Ted ticket...or

I think if I understand all this I can do an open jaw
HNL SFO
SFO HNL and use
15,000 miles to go sfo-las-lax
Is that right? I have miles to burn so if I can do this I think I'm going to use those miles.

Thanks again everybody. This is like a game to outsmart the system.

Last edited by lkohawaii; Dec 4, 2005 at 11:59 pm