Old Nov 8, 00, 3:54 pm
PremEx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank You Scribbler, but it was not meant as just a tease. It was designed to help Delta Frequent Flyers (of which I am one...Silver but have been a Gold for many, many years) by perhaps pointing out to any Delta Company lurkers that as RRWhite said, perhaps there should be more "parity."

But just for the record, I as a United 1K have been successful at upgrading 100% of my domestic flights (over 260 of them in the past 2 years), with no mileage deductions, confirmed at time of reservation if they were available at that time, on any fare! I have never had to wait for the 100 hour mark. All this with plenty of bearer certs left over to gift to friends and family. FYI United has a "published" program for it's 1Ks (for "fašade" competitive reasons), as well as many "unpublished" benefits for it's most loyal flyers that are the true "reality" of the program.

And Lootsy, just for the record I do sizeable amounts of flying not just on Delta and United, but on Continental and American as well. While I don't spend as much time on Delta as United is my primary carrier, I have every right to "bash" Delta...my airline...or to hand out www.saveskymiles.com cards in order to help improve the program. Thank You.

While I may not choose to fly Delta much, I do have to fly Delta on many occasions. And I still don't want to see my Delta Million Mile benefits be much less than United's when I evenutally hit the Delta MM mark in a couple of years.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 11-08-2000).]