FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Secaucus - Meadowlands {US-NJ}
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:54 am
Margk

Originally Posted by telisto
I've stayed at the ES and also the Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus, which is basically across the street. I thought the ES was old, noisy, crowded, smelly, and disappointing. It was the only Hilton-propery pool I've ever experienced which I didn't feel was sanitary, and I play in mud, so that's saying something. The HGI is much nicer, quieter, roomier, and all around better stay.

For what it's worth, at the HGI I saw 2 housecleaning staff drop their duties and earnestly help a mother who saw her child walk onto an elevator. They found him a few floors up, still wandering around. Not that this wouldn't have happened elsewhere, but I was very impressed with their efforts.

I don't mean to ruin your expectations, but if it's not too late to switch, you might consider the HGI Secaucus.

WE also stayed at the HGI Secaucus and had a wonderful stay. The NJ transit bus stops right outside the hotel and for $2.10 you are in NY City in 5 minutes, on a really comfortable commuter bus. They allowed us to keep our car there for free when we spent 2 nights in Manhatten. THe staff were wonderful and friendly and we would stay there again.