FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Downgraded RA's" -- Please Post the Facts
Old Nov 23, 2005, 7:18 pm
smartassmurf

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
I agree completely.

I have been traveling on business for the last two weeks, but on my return home I also found a letter from ICH telling me I did not meet the 1% criteria, which was no surprise after reading all of the posts here.

I sent them an email today, I am waiting for a response.

Considering the business I give them at their other hotels, I think I have a chance at renewal with them losing my business on the line, but I guess I could not blame them if they say no. I should have an answer tomorrow, I will paste their response ....good luck Tristan....

SAS

Originally Posted by tristan727
HOw can anyone know & make plans by a 'top 1%' criteria - that sucks big-time, and no doubt rules will be flaunted, & exceptions given - otherwise you're going to have most people in & out of RA every year.

Sorry - but I don't agree with telling someone they've failed to qualify for the next year's RA, when 2 & a half months remaining to re-qualify...sounds to me like lazy admin or arrogance. You may disagree, however. Judging by the quality of the Copy & paste standard emails I get from Ambassador, I would indeed say it was shoddy customer service at work

For the record I have stayed at 4 IC's, 5 if you count those honouring Ambassador status, between 2-4 nights in each (see my posts about CP St.James), and a bunch of CP's and HI's cannot be bothered to count.

This was as much,if not more ,than I quoted to Ambassador about my travel plans for '05,when I requested RA from them. They said fine, & now I've done it - they're removing it. Bait & Switch if you ask me.

Incidentally, I found out on Monday that in fact their systems had me not as a Royal, but a lowly Ambassador all year. The bloke who told me this, said a CS rep would investigate & would email me confirming the correct status. This she did, so when replied thanking her, asking for an extension in light of this, she sent me an email explaining how many points one got per hotel, and what hotels honour Ambassador. Totally clue-less, copied & pasted, and as insulting as the premature letters, IMHO. The helpful bloke was from UK, the unhelpful email responses from somewhere farmed out in the East, no doubt.

Everyone here's seems to be taking it all in good grace, I have no damn intention of being kicked out, without a good fight.