FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the Difference between a Hampton Inn and a Hilton Garden Inn?
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:06 pm
craz
Suspended

Very nice HIs & HI&Ss

HI&Ss SNA (was a Radison suites before)

HI&Ss Flagstaff,Az (nice fir-place lobby, nice size pool and hot-tub,wooden-
western lobby motif)

HI Plantation,Fl (rooms were standard, but every night happy hour, some nights even a BBQ by the pool. Nice size pool and cute hot tub with water fall, oh the Beer is bottled none of the water downed no- brand watered down stuff some other places try to pass off, its on the house as well).

HI Cypress Creek Rd,Fort Lauderdale,Fl beautiful relaxing pool area with probably faux marble everywhere, waterfall etc.

And as I wrote above in my 1st post HIs are Motels, HGIs are very fancy Motels. I agree that HIs are well below HGIs 99% of the time, also usually but not always cheaper. Since they are Motels there are alot more of them to be found, eg Exits on the Interstate's , rare to find a HGI off an I. So there is a positive side to them. HGIs are usually found near a Biz park and lately by airports also.

I guess the HGIs are suppose to replace the Full Hilton Hotels which I dont know the last time they built one in the US besides Key West.

Last edited by craz; Nov 17, 2005 at 10:11 pm