FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are "checkin amenity points" offered for FFN stays?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:44 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by westcoastman
I did not get 1000 points on a Priceline stay which is credited similarly to FFN. Most of the time I don't take the points. I would expect that they do not intend to give 1000 points for FFN and award stays and they would not post automatically. I assume that they are making exceptions when you call in because the system currently offers that option when you check in and you chose it instead of a food and beverage option. Crazy thing is there is probably thousands or FFN stays this promotion by Diamonds choosing 1000 points and not even realizing that they are getting nothing.
I don't think these are exceptions and have never been told as such.
It cost less for the hotels to have Hyatt post 1000 points then to have labor delivering trays of wine and other food and beverage at all various hours and then the pick up and removal and clean up of such.

Being a welcome amenity is I will assume being offered to third party and opaque booking customers I can think of no reason why they would deny this.
Of course that would best be taken up with the right parties out in Omaha in CS.
Unless there is something in writing that says members will lose the right too in house benefits during their stay.
IMO it is best not to second guess but put a call in to clarify the question more fully.......If you earned your Diamond status which is certalinly harder to do then ever before by all means ask.The worst they can say is no
IMO you certainly deserve it but then I don't make the final decisions so ignor my comments fully

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 11, 2005 at 3:51 pm