FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are "checkin amenity points" offered for FFN stays?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:16 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb According to management

Greetings all,

The positive word from the good folks at Hyatt GP out in Omaha
(Or to the best of their understanding at the time when we spoke)
Is that if you are taking a Faster Free Night or award stay on points you may request and are entitled to your welcome amenity points at check in.
Just as you normally would by selecting any of the other choices featured on the Diamond amenity card ^

There is still a tad bit of confusion in the hotels and on the phones at present with select CS agents at Hyatt GP.
Also a small handful of properties saying they never heard of the Diamond point amenity option, that it doesn't exist or that award stays are simply not possible with the point option.

Don't let this rattle you.....feel free to speak with one of their excellent team supervisors politely at Gold Passport if the answer doesn't seem right or the request not honored

IMO when it is a posting problem it may be some small grey area left over from the new changes that took place this past May.
Some of it inherit in the way the system might/can rejects entries at present.
I had one stay portfolio asterisked that disallowed an AAA stay rate as ineligible.
Believe we all just need a little more time and patience till all get their procedures and training more firmly in place.

I know for certain at Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum members get the 500 points or miles
as a welcome Platinum amenity choice revenue or award.
And they too have a habit at times where they don't always post even with hotels that are well oiled in their procedures from the past long term policy.

I wouldn't sweat the small stuff.
Have always found the GP customer service agents ready to jump into action and add it to the account with a At least the majority
The point amenity option many seem to agree is a true overall enhancement for Diamond members.
Continue to enjoy your stays at Hyatt.......and many more points

Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 14, 2005 at 12:01 pm