FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014
Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:49 pm
JustMe551122

Ren Kowloon has saver special

Originally Posted by ak333
My wife and I are headed to BKK and HKG in February. We are doing this trip as a total awards trip, using my AA miles to fly on CX in J and using my MR points for hotels. In BKK we are staying at the JW where I have been many times and enjoy. In HKG, right now we are confirmed at the New World Ren. in Kowloon.

We have been to HKG many times and have only stayed at the Regent/Intercontinental when we travel together. Our original thought was that the New World is right next door to the Intercontinental, so we would feel pretty much at home there. Do you think it's worth moving to the JW on the Hong Kong side? I have only been in the lobby there, so I have no first hand knowledge of the rooms and facilites. Although we like staying on the Kowloon side, it could be fun to try something new although obviously a cat 6 would cost us more points than the cat 4. ???

I stayed at the Ren (as you state next to the Intercontinental) and was pretty amazed. Among the best showers ever. My understanding is that renovations have already concluded. Also, I found out with MR that the new Ren near the JW has saver rewards for 15k a night at least in April when I booked it.