FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MEM-DEN 319->CRJ and GNV-MEM schedule change!
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:37 pm
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
How about EGE

Originally Posted by BackOfTheBus
Starting in JAN06, MEM-DEN/DEN-MEM is going from 3x daily A319 to 3x daily CRJ.

What a wonderful way to inaugurate the start of ski season!

In addition, instead of having a 7am and 5pm GNV-MEM flight, we are now stuck with a 7am and 12pm departure... If you'd like to leave GNV after your workday/meeting/etc, you can take DL or US from now on!

All in all, I find this insane! MEM-DEN ought to be a very popular route with high load factors and lower yield (but still profitable) during the SKI season! Instead, they are turning a journey from the SouthEast US to DEN in an expensive CRJ ordeal, with hair-pulling short CRJ-to-CRJ connections in MEM and sardine-can service for 4+hours at prices that are about 1.5-2x the price of non-stop UA/Ted/Frontier service from nearby cities!
While only once daily, by Mid December daily MSP-EGE service will begin. I find EGE to be a much kinder and gentler airport during ski season. [though, I guess depending on final destination... DEN could be more convenient]

There is a really good AM connection MEM-MSP-EGE; which departs MEM at 8:25AM and arrives in EGE at 12:42PM.

The MEM-MSP flight is an A320 and the MSP-EGE flight is a 757.

and... you can't beat walking down the stairs of a 757 at EGE with the mountains in the background.....

anyway, I feel your pain when any mainline flight turns into a CRJ.

Last edited by baccarat_king; Oct 29, 2005 at 3:40 pm