FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:16 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I am just completing a stay here this morning, arrived Saturday morning in from the States and was brought up to the RC level for check-in. Very good service, vey nice staff all along the way. Overall this is a solid 4 star property, service is very close to 5 star though (very good staff ratio, especially on the RC floors).

I had gathered up some FT'er 10/31 expiring Suite Upgrade certs a few weeks ago and so presented one of these. We were upgraded to a JR Suite on the 9th floor. It's a very nice room, a tad shy of 5 star in my opinion. Much nicer than the Sheraton Park Lane which is where I have stayed in the past. But it's odd, there is a balcony outside that you can't access and a wall that pretty much blocks the view down to the park. But it does cut down traffic noise. Room size in the jr suite is good, approximately 2x the size of a normal room. My wife is along, so the extra space was welcomed. The bed is pretty weak in my view, nothing like what Hyatt and SW have in the states. Kind of hard, no pillowtop or featherbed. The bathroom has some nice materials, but it has a few rough finishing jobs from a refurb that in my opinion detract from it's overall rating. But it is good sized, separate shower and bath and plenty of room for two to get ready.

The Club is very nice. Breakfast is a good continental spread, fresh squeezed juices, a latte machine. No need to venture out for breakfast. Great friendly service here too! Also, good extended hours, the club isnt just open for 90 minutes, so late risers will appreciate that. We dropped into the Club for drinks last night and also really enjoyed the light spread. This is really light years ahead of most other Clubs at both Hyatts and SW's.

The only minus was the internet went down most of Sunday and I was trying to prepare for meetings. It was a pain but they fixed it as soon as they could.

Lots of good food options within walking distance. The indian place one block away was very nice and good food too. There is a Wagamama a block of two away on Wigmore. Lots of places a few blocks down Wigmore and then right toward Oxford Street.

Cab was about 60 pounds with tip from LHR, I saw the threads about the train options but we have two 60lb bags and various carry ons. That didnt sound fun given our jet lagged state.

Again, the service was right on, they left us in our room and didnt disturb us as we napped to sleep off the flight, but were in there to clean it (or do turn down) on a moments notice when we stepped out for a quick coffee. They clearly keep track of you on the RC floors. We had a number of special requests that were handled expertly. I arrived with the flu, tried to fight it for a day and then realized I needed a doctor to make it thru the rest of my trip. It was late in the evening and I called the front desk in the hope they could get me something for the next morning. The duty manager had a doctor call me back within about an hour and the doctor made a visit to our room around 9pm, bringing antibiotics and other medicines. All this was billed to my hotel room with a receipt for insurance reimbursement. It was not cheap but I am here on work and couldnt afford to miss my meetings. We were also in the middle of finalizing a real estate deal at home, and it was like having a personal assistant here. They took expert care of all the faxing and deliveries we needed done. It's been a while since I've had such personalized service.