FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TACA will not honor Global Pass reservations for travel in 2006!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:16 pm
SAPMAN

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Yes, it was Skyauction... I am quite sure. If you have not used before, watch for the "hidden charges". They are posted, but read carefully.

We stayed at the:

Grand Papagayo by Occidental
P.O. Box 48-500
Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Phone: ( 506 ) 672-0191

There was a related Papagayo hotel (not Grand, maybe Alegro?) that I heard was quite good also, and cheaper.

It was a nice hotel with new mgmt. I had read of problems from visitors 5 months earlier, but we had none and it seemed they had made improvements. We were in off season and not many people. Food was very good (2 upscale restaurants - make reserv. before you go if you can- and a buffet). As it was only 15% full when we were there, restaurants were always avaiable. Probably, for us, an 7/8 on 10 scale.

I think cost was $130/night for both of us, incl. all meals and drinks, taxes, etc.

The area is remote and quiet. On the penisula, the Four Seasons. Not too far from volcano, but I think about a 3 hr. drive, so a stop there and then to coast (or vice versa) There are rainforests all over C.R., not sure which are best.

There are many other hotels around, not all-inclusive. But not major towns within 15 min drive.