FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket Success - Post It Here
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:42 am
El Boocho

Originally Posted by odysseusinrtp
I'm not trying to bring a negative tone to a positive thread, but a quick calculation tells me that about 1/3 of the posters so far have obtained SkySaver tickets in coach on domestic routes. The far majority of posts have been FC or BE. It will be interesting to see as more people post.

The only thing I think we can conclude so far is something we all already know. Your miles are easiest and most efficiently used for FC/BE International or Domestic.
Clearly you have complaints about the system, but thank you for posting your successes anyway.

IMO, it's a matter of economics. Savy travelers don't want to spend their miles for a ticket that can be obtained for $250. You aren't going to see a whole lot of people posting that they redeemed 25K miles for a ticket to ATL-BMH in Y.

It should also be noted that in 4 of the last 5 threads complaining about award availability, the OP was complaining that they couldn't get awards to international destinations. The one that was domestic was related to a trip to NC from PDX. In that case, I believe that other poster on the DL board were able to help the OP.