FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Rerouting due to Strike etc. on Award Tickets Issued by non-BA Programs
Old Oct 18, 2005, 3:55 pm
daniellam

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Involuntary Rerouting due to Strike etc. on Award Tickets Issued by non-BA Programs

After reading about a new strike threat by BA baggage handlers at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483289 I am starting to get worried about my trip to India / UAE in mid-November.

I have two award tickets on BA First:

YVR-LHR-YVR issued by CX AsiaMiles
and LHR-DEL//DXB-LHR issued by AA AAdvantage
(the DXB-LHR is on the same day as LHR-YVR)

Can anyone give me any insight as to how such award tickets (especially in First Class and issued by FF programs other than BA) are treated when passengers have to be reaccomodated due to flights being cancelled as a result of a strike? FYI, I am AA Platinum (Oneworld Sapphire) if that helps.

I don't want to be downgraded to Y. What can I do to at least get reaccomodated on another carrier in at least J or above and avoid carriers such as Air India?

Right now, I have made revenue bookings on another airline just in case...(totally different routing that gets me to the same destinations on the days I want to be there) and hope I won't have to issue those tickets (full fare J).