FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 17: What is your opinion on the current policy about the ownership of posts?
Old Oct 16, 2005, 9:02 am
Radioman

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
This question was submitted by andre1970:

"What is your opinion on the current policy about the ownership of posts? Does it need furhter clarification? Do you think that this is an important or a trivial issue and why?"
Hi
Well lets look at what the guidelines currently say:

"Who owns my post?

For the sake of simplicity, we'd say that we own anything posted on FlyerTalk. Our reasoning is that we have the power to edit or delete any such post if we, representing the community, find it provides more harm than value to FlyerTalk. Also, if a member decides they no longer want to participate in the community, we would find it difficult to go into the database and delete each post an individual had made. Excerpts from posts to FlyerTalk may appear in InsideFlyer magazines, books, or other materials."

Now when you join FlyerTalk you agree to adhere by these guidelines. Now I can why Flyertalk wants to keep the right for the postings but I can all see why the posters want to keep that right as well.

What I would suggest is that if this is a major issue then a change to the Guidelines should be submitted to the FlyerTalk board and then put out to the membership to discuse and vote on. If I where on the board that is the way I would like too see it being handled.

regards RadioMan