FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grrrr Moscow
Thread: Grrrr Moscow
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2005, 4:15 am
Smirnoff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I came back from DME on the Airbus (flight 875), and it reminded me once again how unsuitable this plane is on this route.

There were 60 in J (normal situation) and almost every seat was taken, including the E seats. Almost everyone in J carries on a large rollie AND briefcase/laptop bag. The overhead bins cannot cope with 5 rollies and 5 smaller bags per row. As a result bags were left in the galley - some were crused in the jackets, some put in the cockpit, and some may have been stowed.

There was no room to hang more than a few jackets. Lots of grumpy passengers having paid £1600 r/t, and sitting in a cramped middle seat for 4 hours.

The crew of 2 in J did their best, but it took ages to serve the J cabin. After taking off at 2115, I got served my meal at 2310 MOW time - not exactly the time you want a big meal.

With only one loo in sight, this was occupied most the flight by a poor soul being fed imodium by the crew.

I really think this plan is entirely inappropriate for a crowded business LONG s/h route like this. AT a minimum the seating should be 2 x 2, or they should not sell the middle seat. OR at least take out a row of seats on one side and put in a decent wardrobe.

Better still ditch the 320 on this flight. Put on only 767'5 / 757s, put in decent seats and fix up the tatty 767's.