FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get attention from BA when they don't respond back to complaints?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:37 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat
For the handful of people who were following my adventure in Nairobi in this thread, I need advice on how to follow up on complaint letters I had sent out after my flights that sucked featuring the following:

1) Lack of food in F due to the unofficial industrial action on NBO-LHR on 11 August.
2) Delayed luggage for 3 days (Luggage came on the 14th), forcing me to stay in Nairobi an extra day and shorten a safari.
3) The back to back cancellations in Nairobi (August 27th and 28th).

Over a a month ago, I sent out a EU Claim form for back to back cancellations. I also sent a complaint letter via registered mail to the US office (in Jackson Heights) and both UK offices (in Harmondsworth and Sudbury). I sent in another piece of mail for the extra night at the hotel due to delayed luggage to see if I can get that paid for. I also faxed in a copy of my complaint letter a week ago to the US office in Jackson Heights.

Now, I'm a pretty reasonable person, and I'm getting a little frustrated at the lack of response. I don't know who I can contact and since I don't have status with BA (I'm just an AA EXP), I'm at an impasse. Any suggestions/advice?

thanks, dg
DG,

I've just been to Watership Down and am jumping in here. CR are absolutely deluged with similar complaints and it is taking ages to get them sorted. I would imagine that the US office is in similar mode. Sorry, time prevents me reading any long threads so I have not followed all the ins and outs but would advise that you get your Secretary/PA or whoever to call Customer Relations, and ask when you might expect the courtesy of a reply rather than an acknowledgement of your complaint. I am happy - once you have exhausted that route to give you one or two pointers in a PM if you mail me. Let's see what you get from this and then we might take this to another level. Do excuse me from not posting this publicly but I would not trust this information to anyone. You have been missing from these parts for a little while, but you sound like someone travels actually rather than vicariously - you get my drift. I have to say where you paying or on an award - and yes it does make a difference to CR whether the pax was revenue or not. Sorry, but there it is.

If I can help, I will.

PG