FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's Official: No More Elite Bonuses on Codeshare Flights with Virgin
Old Nov 1, 2003, 8:31 am
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Despite the fact that the rep said you'd get your miles, others (like Debbiejo) have had the opposite experience. While I think it sucks that they aren't giving out the bonuses, at least the web site has been updated to reflect this fact. Of course since this is really *really* in the fine print details most folks will not realize that they don't qualify for bonus miles on VS until after they're not awarded.

I doubt you'll get anywhere complaining about this before your flight, and afterwards they'll just point you to the rules and state that you should have known when you bought your ticket.

I'd suggest you call the 800-WE-IGNORE folks or the OPSC. A supervisor may be able to help you get onto a flight to LGW, but I wouldn't count on it. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!