FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's Official: No More Elite Bonuses on Codeshare Flights with Virgin
Old Nov 1, 2003, 5:47 am
anthonyanthony

Programs: OnePass
It's Official: No More Elite Bonuses on Codeshare Flights with Virgin

CO went and did a sneaky thing. On the OnePass web site where it used to say that they gave elite bonuses for "Continental code-share flights operated by other airlines (ticketed as Continental)", they changed it to say "Continental code-share flights operated by other airlines (ticketed as Continental) excluding Virgin Atlantic flights". This change occurred within the last few days, because I checked it a week ago when I booked a CO ticket with a Virgin codeshare flight.

I'm upset. Continental gave no warning of this change. I did a due-diligence check of the web site to make sure my flight to London would earn all bonus miles. And their web site at that time said it would. Now they suddenly change the site and I'm out several thousand miles.

I doubt I will be able to change the flight to CO metal without bleeding another one or two hundred bucks change fee. I doubt Continental will otherwise give me the bonus points that I thought were mine.

Continental disrespects their customers once again.