FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - STC will be terminated in 2Q 2006
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2005, 7:07 am
asimha

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SPL
From what I underestand this really is what is happening, and all but a small number of existing Circle members may lose their memberships due to this. I think it is an odd strategy to buy a company, and to then alienate the company’s best customers.

Some of us have had this membership for a very long time, have flown millions of miles with Swiss, and suddenly we are being told that we are no longer entitled to the benefits we have enjoyed for all these years. Not a very clever move, and quite a dissapointment.

The whole concept of treating Lufthansa miles the same as Swiss miles makes no sense at all. It is much easier to collect 300,000 Lufthansa miles than it is to collect 300,000 Swiss miles. At least they should compare like for like.

I would be very interested in hearing the opinions of other Circle members about this.
Well I must say that I have not yet, nor have other STC members, been notified of the change neither by email nor by mail. All I have read was what was posted on the LX website and in this forum.

Seemingly this is probably not the fault of LX but imposed by LH, however definately not very fairplay.

I would leave the benefit of doubt until we are contacted in the next few days I imagine.

Any other opinions?