FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diaper changing at the bulkhead?
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:31 pm
Casimir

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by jimrpa
This is absolutely disgusting! I can't imagine the type of people who would subject a plane full of people to this kind of visual and odorous assault! Further, the FA who approved this little "stunt" needs serious customer care re-education!
All of these sentiments are true IMO, but be prepared to be flamed as childless, heartless or senseless, or some combination of the above.

My golden rule when travelling (in general, NOT specifically related to children, etc.) -- I will go out of my way to ensure that those around me are not discomfited in any way by me or my actions, even if I can make an argument that such actions are "understandable." "In any way" means just that -- even if someone is bothering me, I bend over backwards to be polite and live with it. I am appropriately penitent and offer remedies when I inadvertently breach this standard.

Sadly, while most other travellers do the exactly the same -- and when I say most, I genuinely mean 99% of fellow travellers -- others do not, and it simply is the price we pay for using a common carrier.