FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 10: Describe Your Skiils/Qualities
Old Oct 9, 2005, 8:31 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I have been a member of this Community for six years, posted extensively, attended many FT Dos, and met many dozens of FTers. Like most here, I travel more than most people, and with my late wife, have been to just about every part of the world. None of this personal travel would have been possible without the Frequent Flyer and Frequent Stay programs that have provided the tickets to, and hotel rooms in, these exotic places. But such travel has also been important in broadening my own horizons as well as an understanding of how others live, and see the world we all share.

I currently manage two small businesses, and have been self-employed for over two decades. My entrepreneurial skills provide for the livelihood of several other individuals. Over the years, I have sat on a half-dozen boards of community, human services and arts organizations, chairing a couple of these for several years. At university, I served three terms on the executive of our student council. I have been a journalist, a consultant, a planner, a policy advisor and a public servant. I have managed and implemented, and worked the front lines.

It is the sum of these experiences -- as well as life itself -- that I would bring to the FT board.