FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walsh Wants British Airways Merger with American Airlines
Old Oct 9, 2005, 4:43 pm
KenJohn

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by millionmiler
Your arguments are so off base I question your motives.
My motives are in respect of my own travel arrangements. I am not a long haul business traveller. I am fortunate to be a premium leisure traveller (F or C) who likes to fly direct to the West Coast non-stop and then travel around the West Coast while earning miles and tier points. I travel to West Coast about twice a year (and I do about 2 trips to the East Coast as well).

I miss the regular shuttle between LAX/SFO and LAS which is a favourite destination of mine down from hourly to just 3/4 a day. I am now forced to fly TED or America West (which I now no longer will since their termination of agreement with BA and VS). As such I only have a silver status on BA rather than a Gold. In fact, I have find I have to catch a few United flights around the US because I do not find appropriately timed AA flights. I do so as a last resort.

That is the motive for my comments and I take exception to your insinuation. While the rest of your posting give a balance debate, your final comment makes this an attack on me which I believe is unfair and brings down the whole tone and general friendliness of this board. I have been a regular poster here and like to think I give a balance view (both good and bad) but the view is of course from my own travel persepctive. Kalia960's comment that AA really viewed ORD and DFW as hubs as opposed to JFK makes perfect sense and is how discussion on the board should be conducted.

While I like AA service, I dislike its timetables. While I dislike United service, its timetable and routes are far more comprehensive to cater to my travel plans.

Last edited by KenJohn; Oct 9, 2005 at 4:54 pm