FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grrrr Moscow
Thread: Grrrr Moscow
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2005, 2:02 pm
chalf
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WHBM
The Transaero flights from Gatwick (almost without publicity in the UK, rather like the Pulkovo flights from Gatwick to St Petersburg) are now daily, and they've started using 767s on some flights instead of 737s. Most days they are 11.15 morning flights but Wednesday is done overnight leaving 21.30. Never heard any reports from anyone about them.
See my brief summary report above about my experience on UN. It felt a bit more "Russian" than SU, but was a very efficient operation (e.g., on UN the level of English competency among the cabin staff is clearly more limited than SU). The food in Y was the same as my S7 charter flight this summer (i.e., inedible). The flight was 75% full in Y on the westbound and ~55% on the eastbound. I'd probably fly SU for the miles, better schedule and better network, but I would have no qualms about giving UN another try, if for no other reason than to avoid SVO. Their FF program has reasonable redemption rates and offerings, though their route network is limited.

I think the eastbound flight departs LGW at 12:45--11:15 is the arrival time from DME.