FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 8: Shared Views?
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2005, 7:35 am
Radioman

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hello voting members,

Well another loaded question from the board membership. I don’t really care if the other people who are standing share my views or not.

If everyone shared the same views then we would not have a diversified board and it would be boring. In any group or committee you need people who are willing to look at various issues and discuss/debate them.

I have worked over the years in companies where we have had all “YES MEN/WOMEN” and in others where there is debate and discussion, with these sorts of group’s people usually ended up agreeing to disagree.

Any future development of FlyerTalk should also come from the general membership as it is their board and NOT the FlyTalk committees board, they are elected representatives of the members and I would not for one minute try and change the board to my way of thinking and therefore would not look for others who share my exact view to be elected to change the board, this could mean the board could very quickly turn into a dictatorship which non (I hope) of us really want to see.

I will not put any names of the people who I think share my views. This will become apparent as we move along in the debating process and it will be left to the membership to decided. I hope I have made views clear in this posting.

Regards
RadioMan