FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 6: Your views on OMNI
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2005, 3:12 pm
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Although I don't regularly participate in OMNI, I do believe that it does have a place on FlyerTalk and I can appreciate its value to this community. I believe that the posting requirements for access to OMNI are important and I support those requirements. The main purpose of FlyerTalk is the discussion of travel - OMNI is not travel related, so I believe that if a member wants to participate in this community, he or she should first be exposed to the points & miles aspect of FlyerTalk before being a poster in the "extra" part of FlyerTalk. As for whether I would support its reinstatement if it ever went away - I can't answer that right now. My support for its reinstatement would have a lot to do with the reason why it was removed. But, overall, I do believe that it is a good thing for FlyerTalk and I view OMNI as a privilege for the members, not necessarily a right.
I too don't participate in OMNI however that doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in FT. This is just another neighborhood in the city of FT. But that too doesn't mean it shouldn't be monitored, the current restrictions for participation are an effort to ensure that we have some sense of order, they might need to be modified to keep the order in the future but this thread does indeed belong in FT in my opinion