FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Open Forum for Candidates
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:57 pm
civicmon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by gleff
What one member who chose not to run do you most wish you could vote for?
Not sure but SanDiego1K would be a good choice...
Outside of yourself, who do you believe is the best candidate running?
bhatnax only because I think we share a lot of similiar interests and ideas.

What question that hasn't been asked yet would you ask your fellow candidates? (Bonus points if your answer is, "What question that hasn't been asked yet would you ask your fellow candidates?")
For former TalkBoard members: How have YOU improved FT since you have been elected and what significant contributions have YOU made through your appointments on the TB?
What have you done for the benefit of the community of Flyertalk (as opposed to the understanding of miles and points)?
I pressed and pressed and pressed, and got rid of the Northwest Airlines "Newsstand." It was done as a trial and if it 'worked' it would have spread to every other airline forum. Thankfully, myself among a few vocal others, we pressed and got rid of it and put program/airline specific news right where it belongs - in the main program forums. It was a bad idea and would have been horribly unpopular had it been spread further.

How have you personally benefited from Flyertalk?
I learned about many things, miles, status, how to maximize flights for more miles, more EQMs etc. w/o FT I was literally clueless and had no idea how alliances worked or anything.

Last edited by civicmon; Oct 8, 2005 at 3:04 pm Reason: formatting issues