FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Open Forum for Candidates
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:49 am
missydarlin
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by John C
Here’s a question that has been on my mind: Should corporate representatives of the companies or programs discussed be identified more clearly (such as their names appearing in green)?
Ft has a variety of corporate reps, both official and unofficial. I've been posting as an "unofficial" rep since the beginning, and was recently offered "official" status by the airline for whom I work. I turned it down. Mostly because everyone already knows who I am, and those who don't are usually filled in pretty quickly. It always warms my heart to read "I bet missy would know" or "why don't you send Missy a PM?"

People who post in the AS forum, know that when I say something, its coming from me and not the company line. The vast majority of company reps post here voluntarily, and I think an earned reputation (good or bad) is far more effective than one that comes with a green handle. I also don't believe that anyone who volunteers their time here should be more noticable in the firing line when program changes arise that don't particularly sit well with the membership.