FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Open Forum for Candidates
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:27 am
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by gleff
What one member who chose not to run do you most wish you could vote for?
Canarsie seriously considered running but decided against it as he has several other FT and business issues on his plate. I think he would make an excellent candidate.

Outside of yourself, who do you believe is the best candidate running?
I'm going to have a hard time deciding on just five candidates from such a talented field.
Having said that, however, I'm not going to name names so as not to cost myself any votes from my fellow candidates.
Here we're only 2 days into the election process and I'm already straddling the line.....

What question that hasn't been asked yet would you ask your fellow candidates?
I'd like to know what event or issue, if any, was the deciding factor convincing my fellow candidates to run for TalkBoard?

What have you done for the benefit of the community of Flyertalk (as opposed to the understanding of miles and points)?
I think my position as a volunteer moderator for two forums is a small way of giving something back to the community.
Also, I've always tried to be welcoming and helpful to new members. And even some of the veteran members....

How have you personally benefited from Flyertalk?

I've benefited in many, many ways but if I had to pick just one, I'd say it's the dozens of friends I have made at Flyertalk. Many feel just like family.