FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 4: Opinion of psuedo-handles
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2005, 10:45 am
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When the OP refers to pseudo-handles, I am assuming they are refering to duplicate handles. If that's the case, then I don't believe duplicate handles have a place in our community. With the exception of Craig6z/Moderator2 & arturo/whoever and the examples gleff provided above, there should not be any duplicate handles. Like every candidate above me, I feel that duplicate handles create, in general, a negative aspect on FlyerTalk. My belief is that if you have something to say, be a big enough person that you can say it as yourself - not behind some secondary handle. There is absolutely no reason for people to have a duplicate handle if they are posting as a member of FlyerTalk.

Those that use duplicate handles on FlyerTalk to badmouth other posters or to stir up controversy, in my opinion, are not really what I would consider to be valuable members on FlyerTalk. Why? Well, first off, they don't respect FlyerTalk and its Terms of Service. Second, they aren't strong enough people to just post what they believe & stand behind it. Third, I just question why someone would feel the need to create a secondary or third handle - I feel it would only be because of ill-will.