FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Celebrity sightings on US Airways Flights
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:12 pm
A320 EOW

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Only have had two celebrity sightings on US flights:

+ Robert Parish (former center with the Boston Celtics) from PHL-CLT. He was seated in 1C and was the last to board. I was in 1F and the flight was very very bumpy the whole way. The pilot did his best to move through openings in the thick clouds, but we couldn't avoid everything. I just remember him sitting in the crash brace position with his hands wrapped around his legs as he bent at the waist for the whole flight. He was very quiet and it didn't seem like anyone else recognized him.

+ Cuba Gooding, Jr., and Lee Daniels, who was directing Gooding in his film "Shadowboxer" in PHL, on LAX-PHL. The two of them sat near the back of the F cabin (I was in row 2). Both of them were really friendly to everyone on board. I later found out that they had wanted my seat, but I was hidden in the LAX Club (when it was still open) while I was getting paged at the gate. They were hurrying back to catch a Madonna concert at the Wachovia Center.