FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It’s Time to Show some Gratitude!
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2005, 9:05 am
SAPMAN

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
cygone,

You defend GP above about having posted the warning on the web site. Yet I find your post (below) on 12 June in the Forum "Effective 6/30/05 ..... " where you stated that the GP Web posting was disguised and admit that GP should have contacted customers about the change.

GP could have showed loyality by posting answers to the numerous questions and issues that arose (including your own) by just posting to this forum -- which they montior per their own admission. Instead you and others needed to call frequently -- and then get conflicting answers.

Just because Distancia/TACA did not do the right thing, does not excuse GP.

I still accept your decision to remain Loyal to the program. I just cannot do so.

cygone post:

My point is Global Pass should have made some effort to contact at least the very best customers and notify them of the changes. Even the notification on the GP web site is disguised to appear as if only minor changes are occurring. I know if I had a reservation and was told it would take 130,000 miles when I made it and by the time I ticketed the amount had risen to 700,000 miles I would be a little more than upset. Certainly they should have sent out a letter, or at least tried to contact participants by email. If you know anybody who still has miles, it is time to call them and tell them of the changes.