Old Sep 29, 05, 4:15 am
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
38 square meters is NOT a junior suite, although obviously if the rest of the rooms are 25 sq m then the hotel can call it one!

I am a bit of a pro on this because I really, really, really hate small hotel rooms.

In general, I will not book a hotel room that is smaller than 40 sq m. A STANDARD room in most modern luxury hotels with big rooms should be this size. (Obviously it varies by hotel - the King Suites at the Barclay are only about 40 sq m.)

A junior suite varies by definition, but I would expect it to be in the 50-55 sq m range. The suite I have booked at the IC Bangkok is 65 sq m, and the suite I was given at the IC Warsaw was at least 75 sq m - bigger than Ms RJB's flat!

In general, I actual prefer a junior suite at 50-55 sq m to a suite, because the JS will be one massive open space (which I like) whilst a 65 sq m suite is likely to be comprised of 2 relatively small - for my taste - rooms of 30 sq m.

I once stayed - for literally 5 minutes - in a 12 square metre room at the Grand in Stockholm (the website actually tells you this is the size.) My office is not much smaller than that! I was down at reception pretty darn quick, let me tell you ....