FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:51 pm
OCTraveler

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold
Was looking forward to seeing if the SF properties were offering the 1,000 point amenity during a stay 2 weeks ago. First checked into the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf for a 2 night stay. Was not offered a Diamond Amenity at check in. Inquired about it and the clerk looked around under the desk and pulled out what appeared to be an "old" amenity piece of paper that I am sure was created and copied at the hotel. No Point option. I chose my usual snacks and bottle of wine. Amenity was never delivered and since I had little use for it I didn't bother to complain, figuring I might get more out of it the next day. On day 2 I went to the front desk to inform them that I never recieved the amenity I ordered the previous night. They were very appologetic and reached under the desk and pulled out the "new" amenity card with the 1,000 point option. I chose the 1,000 points and front desk clerk told me to go ahead and choose drinks/snack as well. Looks like they do have the new cards, just need to be sure you have the right person at the front desk. It is interesting to note that this property previously delivered full bottles of wine, but looks like they are now delivering the 1/2 bottles that I've seen at other properties.

Checked out and moved over to the Hyatt Regency. New card w/1000 point option was offered at check in.

Was tempted to split my 3 nights into 3 different hotels, but figured my boss would truely think I was crazy, so settled for 2 properties. So with the G1 bonuses, 4,000 bonus points plus 1 FFN. Not to bad. Now just waiting to get my hand slapped for using MC instead of the corp AMEX.