Old Sep 27, 05, 3:24 am
garethmorgan

IC Prague stay

Just back from a 6 night stay, me and the President of Bulgaria.

Interesting points there:

I'd booked 3 nights award, 2 nights Junior Suite on the 2 for 1 offer and 1 night standard room on the final, Sunday, night. I presumed that I wouldn't be able to use the Weekend Night voucher on the Sunday as the 2 for 1 would exclude it. When we checked in, however, the chap on the desk said "I believe you still have a Weekend voucher, would you like to use it for the Sunday night?".

I thought, 289 Euros, might as well - Yes Please. I then asked about club access and was told no. I waved the email from the customer services in Prague that's in the Awards thread and which says 'no club for A only for RA' and he said "Fine" and we (2 adults and one 7 year old got club. Pretty useful email.

The hotel was packed with the International Bar Association meeting in Prague, and the President's security, and the club suffered a bit under the pressure but good, friendly staff and a reasonable breakfast and evening nibbles.

The minibar was replenished daily with soft drinks and every 2 days with booze, so it was an every other day miniature of Hine.

Molton Brown toiletries and a nice, replaced daily, fruit bowl and a goodish bottle of wine a s a welcome gift.

My only quibble about the room was size. It was on the 7th, Executive Club, floor and was supposed to be a Junior Suite, there wasn't much room when the rollaway was squeezed between the bed and the TV and, looking at the floor plan, the standard rooms on the floor might actually have been bigger, being rectangular where ours was more square. 739 if anyone knows the hotel. I'm never sure what constitutes a Junior Suite anyway, sometimes it seems to be a table the size of a stool and a folding chair.

Good, and good value, stay.