FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:16 pm
ssullivan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Just spent three nights at the Huntsville Alabama Hampton on University Dr. due to not being able to get home to Houston because of the hurricane. All but a few rooms are outside entry, but it was one of the nicest Hampton rooms I've ever stayed in. The place has obviously had a big renovation in the last few years, and the room was on par with most of the Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed in. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room had a large window with shutters, the lamps were not the usual bright brass wall-mounted fixtures but were instead freestanding in a nice dark bronze color, and the floor in the bathroom and the room's entry area was tiled with reddish-gray ceramic tiles.

The property does have a building at the back that has about 30 rooms with an interior corridor.

While I don't really like exterior corridors, this property did at least have several elevators, and I would not hesitate to stay at it again.