FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help other thread - Stat. Match : UA Prem Ex. or US Chairman's Pref. ?!?
Old Sep 21, 2005, 7:28 am
Aisle Seat H

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by kudzu
...Based on your location and flying pattern, I think that UA's 2nd tier, and accumulating MP Miles, would be better for you...

US rarely comps its top tier, Chairman's Preferred, to anyone, so congratualtions are in order! However, as you are not flying much on domestic USA flights, and only occasionally transAtlantic, it would not serve you as well as the UA offer.
Thanks kudzu, you have confirmed what a couple have said elsewhere, and it does make sense, so will be taking the UA option.

Originally Posted by kudzu
Don't forget that Qantas is a partner with US, and you can use your existing Qantas miles to redeem awards for US flights whenever the need arises.
And on this point, btw, the main advantage I have as a QF WP is that I get domestic lounge access in the US when flying US, when a CP etc does not. This though does not affect the decision at hand - when flying *A I want to earn the miles towards status (be it on UA or US), and when doing so I can STILL use my QF card to get lounge access ! (It does not have to be in the booking, my *A no. can be). Best of both worlds (its a hard life ! )