FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:10 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by tofuboy
Thanks for the warm welcome and birthday wishes 777 Global Mile Hound!!

I did not know Ms. Knorr was at the Park Hyatt years back. No wonder I have felt that the Park Hyatt SF was not as good as it used to be. Hyatt and Four Seasons' loss, Starwood's gain.

Good luck with your upcoming stay...and hope you get your king size bed!
Appreciate the kind words.Agree a Starwood gain ^
It came at a very well needed time. We also had a major loss this year when the W New Orleans GM Edmund Sulzman went on to another property that is not in the Starwood portfolio of hotels.
I know that many members self included will one day hope to welcome him back to any of the Starwood properties should we be so lucky.

I have always maintained that a hotels general outcome and its true devoted following starts at the top with it's leadership.
Mr.Sulzman is in the Hall of Fame in my book for making happy workers and very satisfied Starwood guests for a number of years.He changed the very fabric of boutique hotels with regard to staff. For years with many boutique brands it was mostly about models waiting for their next modeling or acting audition that might also have much attitude and or a lack of interest in guests..........
I sure hope other W Hotels and will be closely watching W San Francisco I believe the best is yet to come.....Even the Luxury Collection properties could learn from this approach

Cheers