FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - STC will be terminated in 2Q 2006
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 05, 11:12 pm
demue

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
What are you getting at? 1 to 1 conversion is nothing more than the minimum! Why shall there be anything else?! Mann oh mann... Do you guys not realized that you will have to use more miles for your awards with M&L? THAT ought to be your main concern!!! Wake up!!!
Hmm, while I'm certainly no expert on STC (I have an account though with 50K odd miles) and not too fond of LH M&M, I made a different experience regarding mileage required for award flights. A europe-SE Asia award on LX is 150K in C-class wheras on LH M&M it is 120K in C-class. True, LX allows 8 segments and LH only 6 but that's only a side note. On European awards though - IMHO - LX clearly beats LH M&M in regards to number of segments and number of stopovers allowed. I think - as always - there will be something gained and something lost from all this. Depending on your redemption pattern some will benefit and some will loose (unfortunately).

BTW, forget promos like the 10K per segment or the upcoming 5K per segment once LH has control. Such generous offers are almost unheard off with M&M. Now that is really sad.

Cheers ....