FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge in Vancouver (YVR) for transborder?
Old Sep 19, 2005, 8:16 pm
wr_schwab
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martin33
there's practically zero chance of * access by December.
At this point anything's possible...they are supposed to be merging the clubs beginning of Oct....and loading the full codeshare between HP & US by the first week in Dec. They have already indicated that you will be able to earn HP or US miles until they merge the two programs on any HP or US flight.

The OP is a BMI *G. It all depends on how the rest of the alliance recognizes the combined entity. As Parker has said, begining of Oct they are going to market everything as US. If the flight he is boarding is recognized as a US flight, he should have * privilleges. My guess is they will operate it as US flight 1234 operated by XXXX. As long as AC recognizes it as a US flight, he will have lounge access.

If the OP was an HP elite, I'd say your probably right. I doubt by Dec HP elites will be able to have * privilleges, but the OP is a BMI Gold, so if they are marketing it as a US flight. He should gets lounge access in YVR at the MapleLeaf Lounge and if the sign is on the door in PHX due to *G. In PHX, since it will be a US club, and on a US/HP flight. My guess is if the *G sign is on the door he will have access on his current ticket.