FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rewards: Which is better Marriott or Hilton
Old Sep 19, 2005, 5:14 am
AX9465

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by Flyer23
I figure why should I have to endure substandard accomodations for 50-100 nights a year, just so I can have four wonderful nights on vacation, if there's even availability? I'd rather pay for the vacation nights and be happier during my day-to-day business travel.
Completely agree. Sometimes, people just forget that they live on the road substantually longer than they are on holidays and I always found out proposition to struggle miserably for 100 days to have 5 days free of charge not appealing. Therefore some time ago I decided to stay in best available properties within corporate hotel policy (please note that best does not equal most expensive). I have gold status with both SPG and Marriott and silver with Hilton (not to mention Plat with Priority Club) and plan to keep it this way. I understand that this way I don't get platinum desk access, (some) upgrades and not much points but when you "live" in hotels they better be good.

AX