FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visitors to US must supply address
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:07 pm
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tcook052
What happens if I don't know the street address or phone number of the Marriott Times Square? Or if I'm driving down the PCH and don't have any accommodations planned? Or, or, or...
What happens? You're screwed. It's that simple. They've been doing this absurd "must supply address" thing at points of entry for some time. In April, at a Continental-sponsored get together at IAH they gave us a tour of the new international arrival facility. Continental had a special desk set up just to look this kind of data up for its passengers so they could be admitted to the US if they didn't have the complete street address for their destination. With this change in the already absurd rules it will be near impossible for people to find the complete street address of their destination if they don't already have it. How is a someone in a foreign airport going to find the address of a Motel 6 in Peoria, IL so they can check in for their flight? Why does it matter whether they have this information before or after they arrive? If someone supplies an address that the government does not like will they be refused entry?

Of course, this whole exercise is just as stupid as the government asking people on forms whether they are terrorists. Anyone wishing to be deceitful will simply list whatever address they choose. The only ones who will be inconvenienced are those who are being honest and have nothing to hide.